
ANOTHER one of my fabulous Christmas presents was a Crock Pot. I had wanted one since so many people have commented on how wonderful theirs was. I had never cooked in one, I just wanted one.
I hadn't even gotten it out of the box, let alone used it until about a couple of weeks ago. I was on the Nest message boards and someone had suggested this Gluten Free website of crock pot recipes. I decided to check it out. It is 365 days of crock pot recipes---cue hallelujah music. It is wonderful! So many great recipes and of course the ingredients do not have to be gluten free but she does suggest the best gluten free ingredients in her recipes because of her own preferences. My first dish was Applesauce Chicken. It was very tasty. I didn't realize how tender the chicken would be!
I also made The Crock Pot Lady's Taco Soup. I didn't really make any changes to her recipe but next time I probably wouldn't make so much--I would only use one can of each of the beans instead of two. We definitely had lots of leftovers! It makes a great family meal. Here is a picture of my Taco Soup.
I really enjoy my crock pot and can't wait to make more recipes in it. This week I have planned to make Maple Dijon Chicken and Chicken and Rice Casserole.
Yum-o!




1 comment:
Crock Pots are great! I'm going to check out those recipes. I haven't used mine recently but lots of working moms I know rave about how the crock pot saves dinner for them. That Taco Soup looks yummy.
Post a Comment